In college, my friends and I were not big party people. Sure, sometimes we went out and did the “typical” college stuff, but our idea of an awesome party was to make a big pot of spaghetti (usually with vodka sauce, because that was our preferred way to use vodka), and watch the Emmys, Grammy, or Oscars. One of the most upsetting moments for us was when we missed the big Ricky Martin performance at the Grammys when he first became popular because someone pulled the fire alarm. These days I tend to watch just the pre-show or the recap on Fashion Police because I really just want to see how amazing or awful the celebs all look. I usually don’t have much of an interest in the actual awards because I am not a huge music person, I watch more Food Network than network comedies and dramas (other than Glee), and I am lucky if I have seen one of the Oscar-nominated movies.
But now I have received some awards from my fellow bloggers, and I am so honored. So I want to highlight these amazing ladies, and share the love with some other folks so that I can introduce all of you to some new and not-so-new blogs that you may not have seen before, but that have some incredible food and fun to offer. I would love to tell you more about each of these, but that will take me so long that the orchestra will start playing in order to get me off the stage. So now, without any further adieu…
The Beautiful Soul Award was presented to me by The Fountain Avenue Kitchen and The Foodie Physician. Thank you, Ann & Sonali! Ann has a bright, beautiful site with lots of great recipes, including a salad that inspired my lunch on Friday. Sonali went to both medical school and culinary school, so she has lots of great, healthy recipes, and nutrition and health information.
I am presenting this to The PaperCup Kitchen, Confessions of a Cookbook Queen, Amee’s SavoryDish, Sugar and Spikes-Badassery in Baking, Lauren Kelly, Certified Nutritionist, and Zestuous. (I know I received two, so should probably award it to 10 people, but I have a lot more awards to go).
Knead to Cook presented me with the Kreativ Blogger Award. Robin has lots of tasty, healthy recipes, and some awesome-looking baked goods, usually featuring a great ingredient – Chobani Greek yogurt.
The Rules for the Kreativ Blogger Award
- List 10 random facts about yourself (see below)
- Give the award to 6 other bloggers
Sumptuous Spoonfuls presented me with the Versatile Blogger Award. Thank you, Ann! Ann inspires me pretty much everyday with her photos and recipes, including an awesome salad and a breakfast idea, and many other recipes I want to try.
The RULES for the Versatile Blogger Award
- Add the award to your blog.
- Thank the blogger who gave it to you.
- Mention 7 random things about yourself. (see below)
- List the rules.
- Award to 15 bloggers.
- Inform each of those 15 by leaving a comment on their blog.
I would like to present this award to Little Mommy, Big Appetite, The Purple Carrot, The Novice Chef Blog, Recipes for my Boys, Cooking From a SAHM, Chocolate, Chocolate, and More Chocolate, Mia’s Domain, FoodThoughtsOfAChefWannabe, Decorate With Sprinkles, LaBelle Cuisine, My Crazy Kitchen, My Kitchen Adventures, A Well-Seasoned Life, Hun, What’s For Dinner, and Made From Scratch Recipes.
The Liebster Award was presented to me by Sweet Morris. She has some great recipes, and interesting little tidbits at the end of each post.
Here are the rules:
- Thank your Liebster Blog Award presenter on your blog.
- Link back to the blogger who presented the award to you.
- Copy and paste the blog award on your blog.
- Present the Liebster Blog Award to 5 blogs of 200 followers or less who you feel deserves to be noticed.
- Let them know they have been chosen by leaving a comment on their blog.
I would like to present this to five new(-ish) bloggers who have some awesome recipes, nutrition advice and fitness inspiration to share: And a glass of red wine, The Half-Baked Housewife, Countertop Confections, Tastefully Julie, and BananaOats. Go check out their blogs and show some love.
So if you have hung in there this long, I would like to thank you, and the Academy. And now, here are the 10 + 7 random facts about myself:
- I have a B.S. in Chemical Engineering, and worked for a major pharmaceutical company for almost 10 years.
- I am now a stay-at-home mom.
- I have a son named Tyler, who is almost 2, and keeps me on my toes.
- He was actually named after Tyler Florence. I am kind of obsessed with chefs.
- I tweeted Michael Symon when he asked about food blogs he should check out, and he is now Following me on Twitter. Score!!
- I actually hate Twitter, but know that it is a good way to connect with people, so I am trying to keep up.
- I have a wonderful husband, Bill, of almost 6 years, and he is so supportive of me, and an amazing daddy.
- I met my husband at work, and he was actually my boss for a short time on a rotational assignment, before we started dating.
- I have traveled to Italy multiple times for vacation and work, and I think it is my favorite place ever. Mainly because of the food. And the wine. And the gelato.
- Ice cream is pretty much my favorite food in the world. And peanut butter.
- I workout 3-4 days a week, plus chasing and going for walks with my toddler, all so that I can eat more ice cream and other yummy food.
- I hate raw onions, sauerkraut, and canned tuna. Other than that, I’ll give most things a shot.
- I love the Yankees!
- I love the beach, and love that my mom lives just outside of Rehoboth Beach Delaware.
- I have lived between three adjacent towns in New Jersey for my entire life.
- My husband and I love to watch college football together, especially our alma maters, Rutgers and Penn State.
- Blogging about food and archiving the recipes has been an incredible creative outlet for me, and I have enjoyed interacting with lots of people as passionate about food as me.